This policy statement applies to the URL www.unilink.com.au and sets out the policies of UniLink Data Systems Pty Ltd relating to personal information provided to us, or collected by us, through this internet site. Unless you give your express consent otherwise, the following policies govern how UniLink Data Systems handles your personal information and safeguards your privacy.
Collecting Information about You and Storage of Collected Information
Information is directly collected from you by UniLink Data Systems at 3 locations only on this internet site:
- ‘Online Payments’. When providing your credit card details for payment of account all details will be handled by a secure bank gateway. At no stage will any details processed or used by UniLink.
- ‘Footy Tipping’. When signing up for ‘Footy Tipping’ you will be required to provide details. These details is stored for the purpose of the footy tipping contest only. At no stage will this be data used more any other use other than that intended.
- ‘Contact Us’. If you have queries regarding any of our services or anything on this internet site, you may request that we contact you with further information by providing your contact details. At no stage is this information stored in a database.
The information collected from you in accordance with the above procedures when you use any of the above facilities, where specified, is stored in a computer database at the premises of UniLink Data Systems located in Melbourne, Australia. The database storing information regarding is only accessible by specifically authorised staff of UniLink Data Systems and is security protected. Similarly, the database storing information regarding queries lodged through ‘Contact Us’ is only accessible by specifically authorised staff. No hard copies of information collected as set out above are created or stored by UniLink Data Systems.
In addition to that information which you voluntarily provide to UniLink Data Systems while using this internet site, UniLink Data Systems and maintains server logs regarding visits made to this internet site. Most internet sites maintain such server logs, and UniLink Data Systems analyses such logs in an effort to constantly improve the value of materials on the site. The server logs DO NOT contain personally identifiable information and UniLink Data Systems DOES NOT make any attempt to link the traffic information on the site with the individuals who actually visit the site.
From time to time UniLink Data Systems may ‘break down’ overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser). The sole purpose of this ‘break down’ is to improve the performance of the site, monitor pages of the site that are visited infrequently and improve such pages, and to determine what type of browser support we require.
General Information Security
UniLink Data Systems has implemented technology and security features and strict policy guidelines to safeguard the privacy of personally identifiable information from unauthorised access or improper use, and we will continue to enhance our security procedures as new technology becomes available. All information that you submit to us on this site is transmitted directly to our internal database server. We take measures to protect this information while it is stored, including:
- Utilising a ‘firewall’ to protect our internal computer systems and your stored personal information. A ‘firewall’ is a barrier to unauthorised users to prevent access to our systems. Our firewall consists of a password system.
- Monitoring system activity logs to identify any unusual activity resulting from authorised and/or unauthorised individuals accessing our systems or making changes to stored information. If you are a user of the ‘Your Property Folder’ facility on this site, you can also assist us to keep your personal information secure by contacting us at email@example.com immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of this site using your password.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
UniLink Data Systems will not disclose any personal information without your consent unless; (a) such information must be provided in order to answer any of your queries submitted to this site or otherwise to provide you with a service which you have requested from us; or (b) such information is required by law to be disclosed. In the event that it is necessary to provide you with a service which you have requested from us, we may need to provide your personal information to one of our strategic partners. When doing so we will use reasonable commercial endeavours to ensure that your personal information is not misused by the recipient.
UniLink Data Systems and may also use your personal information for Direct Marketing purposes – please refer to the section on Direct Marketing set out below. UniLink Data Systems DOES NOT use your personal information for the purposes of marketing, other than Direct Marketing in accordance with the following section.
When you register as a user of this site through the ‘Your Property Folder’ facility, you may be asked whether you wish to receive any direct marketing information from UniLink Data Systems If you are receiving marketing information and do not wish to receive this information any longer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be removed from the marketing list. We will notify you of our receipt of your request and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your name from the marketing list, as requested, within five (5) working days from the date of receipt of your request.
Records of your Personal Information
Please send us an email at email@example.com if you wish to obtain a record of any information we may have collected from or about you during your visits to our site.